The gunman who killed 16 people and injured more than 70 others at a Florida mall had a history of domestic violence and had been convicted of battery in two previous incidents, according to court records.
But he never faced charges in the deadly rampage, according for-profit company Paradise Valley Corp. CEO Andrew Muehlhauser told Fox News in an interview Tuesday.
Muellhauser, who declined to be identified, said that in the past year he had been working with a federal grand jury investigating the massacre.
The investigation is continuing, he said.
According to the company’s website, Muella has served in the military for four years and owns a fleet of trucks, helicopters and trailers in Florida and Georgia.
He was hired to work for the company in 2015 after working in the private sector for five years.
Muellhems wife, Traci, also worked for the same company.
In January, Mues wife was arrested on child neglect charges in her Florida home.
She has not been charged with any crime.
Mues daughter was killed in the attack, according, to authorities.
Her family was not available for comment.